Pokemon SS
HEY! DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH THAT DO NOT DISPLAY AGAIN BUTTON! Check out the 4 new regions of Shuinn, Vallure, Relgam, and Batrio! Hundreds of new pokemon so stop on by!
Pokemon SS
HEY! DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH THAT DO NOT DISPLAY AGAIN BUTTON! Check out the 4 new regions of Shuinn, Vallure, Relgam, and Batrio! Hundreds of new pokemon so stop on by!
Pokemon SS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon SS

This is pokemon OUR way.

HomeRoute 0GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
BEWARE! Mechanics Have Been Updated! READ THEM!
I cannot stress this enough. CHECK YOUR EMAIL!

Post Construction Rules #1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brandon
Admin
Admin
Brandon

Trainer Info
Poke (Money):
Post Construction Rules #1 Left_bar_bleue3500/999999Post Construction Rules #1 Empty_bar_bleue  (3500/999999)
Current Field Health:
Post Construction Rules #1 Left_bar_bleue27/27Post Construction Rules #1 Empty_bar_bleue  (27/27)
Stamina Pkmn 1:
Post Construction Rules #1 Left_bar_bleue60/60Post Construction Rules #1 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/60)

Post Construction Rules #1 Empty
PostSubject: Post Construction Rules #1   Post Construction Rules #1 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:10 pm

There is Math in this so if you have any Questions, ASK ME. Do not just quit the site because you don't like math. You really don't even need to do anything but Roll dice because I do all of the math FOR YOU.

First of all, so there isn't a NEED for everyone to keep leaving the group and coming back, I've created a new feature. Now, built into each and every location, is a list. That list contains Wild Pokemon and the new feature, NPC Trainers/Coordinators to battle. Next to each Trainer/Coordinator is a Ranking Based on how many Badges/Ribbons/Trophies they have and a list of their pokemon and pokemons' moves. If you want to get stronger BATTLE THEM. Don't just leave the group as it's annoying. You can battle Wild Pokemon too, you know. You don't have to catch them all.

The Dice Roll is relatively easy because I do it for you. You take your turns to attack/dodge and I roll the dice then show how it plays out. Similar to Ian's LA RP but FAR less complicated.

The only Complicated Matter Involving the Dice Roll isn't even complicated if you know basic math. Rather than the pokemon be what the damage from the attack depends on, the damage depends on the attack. Each attack has a base power and with every gained level, each attack's power grows considerably. All you have to do after you roll attack is deduct the number of damage the attack does from your health if you get hit.

I'll explain again but with relative terms in case that was difficult to follow. On your character sheet, I will give the base power of each attack. That base power is the amount of damage the attack does if it hits. Using Combination attacks such as Flaming Iron Tail doesn't really make a difference. All it does is add half the damage of the more powerful attack, in turn just making it the more powerful attack x 1.5.

Example: Flamethrower on a Level 1 Amby has a base power of 14. If it were to combine this with Iron Tail for the more dependable 16, then the combined attack would be 16+(16/2) That equation is easy really. 16+(16/2)=16+(8 )=24.

But there is a catch. Say you have an Amby with Flamethrower at level 1 and a Charmander with Flamethrower level 1. Amby, quite honestly would lose out. Why? Amby's strengths are specifically geared to Speed and Physical Attack. Charmander's strengths are in its Special attack so its Flamethrower gets the higher base power of 16 compared to Amby's base 12 Flamethrower. So yes damage does depend on pokemon as well just not as much and not in nearly as complicated a way as in the games. I'll show you a simulation Battle to Demonstrate.

Example Battle1:

Amby lvl 1 vs. Charmander lvl 1

Amby uses Flamethrower and hits Charmander
12 Damage. Charmander is in critical state
Charmander uses Flamethrower and hits Amby
16 Damage. Amby is unable to continue

Example Battle2:

Charmander uses Flaming Iron Tail
Bases: Flamethrower 16 Iron Tail 16 - 16+(16/2)=16+8=24
Misses
Amby uses Flaming Iron Tail
Bases: Flamethrower 14 Iron Tail 16 - 16+(16/2)=16+8=24
Hits Charmander. Charmander can no longer go on

Example Battle3:
I didn't cover this but this is what happens if two attacks hit one another and they're equally powerful. Each pokemon takes half of the damage. If the damage you'd have taken is odd like 21, making the equation 21/2=? then (the answer is obviously 10.5) Then, this obviously won't work. In this case, round down, making the damage for this particular case 10.

Amby uses Iron Tail
Charmander uses Flamethrower
Bases 16 and 16
Both attacks collide and both pokemon take 8 damage in the resulting explosion.

Keep in mind that you will rarely have to do this as Glow and Myself will be taking care of Health distrubution. More Rules to be posted soon.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonss.rpg-board.net
Brandon
Admin
Admin
Brandon

Trainer Info
Poke (Money):
Post Construction Rules #1 Left_bar_bleue3500/999999Post Construction Rules #1 Empty_bar_bleue  (3500/999999)
Current Field Health:
Post Construction Rules #1 Left_bar_bleue27/27Post Construction Rules #1 Empty_bar_bleue  (27/27)
Stamina Pkmn 1:
Post Construction Rules #1 Left_bar_bleue60/60Post Construction Rules #1 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/60)

PostSubject: Re: Post Construction Rules #1   Post Construction Rules #1 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:20 pm

Revisions
Back to top Go down
Brandon
Admin
Admin
Brandon

Trainer Info
Poke (Money):
Current Field Health:
Stamina Pkmn 1:

PostSubject: Re: Post Construction Rules #1   Post Construction Rules #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Revised

Combination attacks are generally the same. The damage done by the stronger attack plus half the damage done by the weaker one. But the stats are a bit different and still more so dependant on the Pokemon. See the Link Below.

https://pokemonss.rpg-board.net/rules-of-the-game-f8/post-construction-rules-2-t115.htm

As for doing damage, here's the equation. Pokemon's Attack/Sp. Atk+Attack Power-Opponent's Defense/Sp .Def = Damage Done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Construction Rules #1   Post Construction Rules #1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post Construction Rules #1
Page 1 of 1